What's What with Maddy?

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Tale of Two Watanabes

I talked to my sister, the Fabulous Ms. Fabulous, Sunday night. She told me that she and Mr. Fabulous had just returned from seeing Letters of Iwo Jima. she said it was a really good movie. And as a bonus Ken Watanabe was in it.

"Who doesn't love some Ken Watanabe?" I asked her.

"Wait a minute, wasn't he Long Duck Dong in Sixteen Candles? Wasn't he in the Michael Keaton classic Gung Ho?"

I was in the car and had no way to verify immediately, which makes me crazy. Ms. Fabulous said she had just shut down her computer otherwise she would look.

"I could be wrong." I told her.

"It would be even ore amazing if you were right." she replied.

Once I returned home, I had to know. Was Ken Watanabe Long Duck Dong?

No. It was Gedde Watanabe.

Ken, Gedde, What's the difference?

One guy was the token Asian of 1980's film making. The other is listed on hotbadguys.com.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home