What's What with Maddy?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Calling All Runners - What's on Your Playlist?

I listen to music when I run. I have read arguements both for and against being tuned in while running. My thought is whatever works for you. Last year I purposefully ran Disney without my MP3 player so I could soak up every magical moment. This year, I had my MP3 player. Between the music and my increased training I took 41 minutes off of my time.

There are four days until the Clearwater Halfathon. Three days before I leave for the West Coast of Florida. I began thinking today that maybe some new music would help move me along. But what?

I currently have a heavy supply of Barenaked Ladies and that keeps me happy, I have some Everclear, some Beastie Boys thrown in for good measure. There is some miscellaneous music thrown in to mix it up, but it's starting to get old. I need some help!

I'm looking for something new. What gets you going and helps you keep your pace? I would love to know...

What's on your playlist?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Podrunner - number one podcast in the world right now, and its weekly.

I also listen to Gwen Stefani right now and Sissor Sisters....

Fitness.com has a workout playlist that is also worth checking out.

Goooood luck!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'ello maddy

i would suggest a few things, however, i do not run.

But when i try to run, i would listen to incubus, linkin park, nsync, britney a variety. I Like the rock cause it gets me pumped, however i like the punk cause it helps me get excited and want to dance...

And of course...no matter what you are doing...you can ALWAYS listen to the FooFighters, Black Crowes or G.Love and Special Sauce...

So let me know if you test these out.

=) Mucho Love

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And GOOOOOD LUCK ;o)

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would echo Kelly on podrunner. It keeps your cadence up at a consistent level. It has certainly contributed to faster times for me on the shorter races.

Now I need to update my music because I will date myself with this list....but my marathon pick-me-up list includes:
Running on Empty - Jackson Browne
I Will Not Be Broken - Bonnie Raitt
I'm Still Standing - Elton John
Long Train Runnin' - The Doobie Bro
Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
Black Eyes, Blue Tears - Shania T
Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac
Chariot - Gavin DeGraw
Hang In Long Enough - Phil Collins
I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty
Just What I Needed - The Cars
Up! - Shania Twain
I'm Gonna Get Ya - Shania Twain

Not all fast songs but most have a kind of "hang in there" message.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home