What's What with Maddy?

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Clearwater is Right Around The Corner

On the tail of Disney, I'm getting ready for the 2nd Annual Clearwater Halfathon
I'm not expecting a PR at this one, but it sure would be nice. I've been trying to decide if I should be concerned about four passes over the 74 foot bridges. I assume that the bridges in Clearwater are similar to the Ringling Bridge in Sarasota. Last year that one didn't pose a huge problem. However, two bridges might be a different story.

The website says that the rest of the course is super flat, so who knows...

I'm planning on a long run this weekend. I don't want to commit to anything crazy, but based on the way I felt around mile eleven on Saturday, I want to stay on top of it and try to maintain a constant speed. I started slowing down and my time at Disney was bittersweet.

I had been considering Gasparilla in February, but now I think I might just push myself and train harder than ever to see if I can break two hours in at the Sarasota Half Marathon.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home