What's What with Maddy?

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Gem of the Hills?

Last Sunday I ran my first half-marathon of the season. It was a hilly out and back course. On the return trip , I was thinking those hills were no gems!

Regardless of the hills, I still achieved a PR (personal record) of 2:12:44. That is about 12 minutes faster than my old PR. I am excited thinking about what my time might be like on a nice flat course. I have my sights on the
Gulf Beaches Halfathon in Madeira Beach on December 10th. With Just eight days between runs, I was concerned about how I might hold up.

With seven days behind me and those killer hills to boot I am feeling confident that it shouldn't be a problem.

I will keep you posted - hopefully quicker than a week next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home